We drove to Portland CT to do our inspection of a boat we love the looks and design of. We are under contract to buy her, contingent upon several things including today’s inspection.
Regretfully, we are going to pass on this boat. It simply won’t work for us. Reasons include:
- No seat for Shelly in the pilot house. No room to add one.
- No seat for me! No room to add one.
- Swim Ladder was totally inadequate for us.
- Too many stairs between stateroom and pilot house and salon.
- Fewer options for getting Shelly on and off the boat.
- No wipers on any of the windows of pilot house to clear rain and spray.
- The 12″ less beam compared to the Mainship 390’s 14’2″ was noticeable.
- No second guest stateroom.
- No A/C.
- No railings around the perimeter of the bulwark/gunnels.
The character and features of this boat were/are hard to walk away from. The mast/boom/davit and dinghy system w/ outboard were significant value-adds. The engine/propulsion system appears to be strong, as does the genset.
Tough day for us. But we move on.