Playing it safe…

The wind has shifted early today; our “ground tackle” held well. This is a nice protected basin. However, the National Weather Services has issued a Wind Advisory for this area.

So, I called the marina, and we will go back in and take a slip for tonight. I know our anchor would hold, and I could even put out a second anchor if we had to. But it will simply be more comfortable secured to a new floating cement dock system (with shore power) rather than bouncing about all night out here in the basin!

This is “pleasure boating” after all! It is OK to opt for comfort.

11:45am Addendum

We are now secured at dock for the big blow!

My anchor alarm app was making a racket down in the salon, while Shelly worked the bow and I was up on the bridge.

We are safe. Bring it on!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s