We are anchored in Summer Cove, Summer Island. (Our last port in Michigan). Rocky bottom, but we appear to be holding. We have a second anchor ready to deploy if need be.
With 70F crystal clear water, I had to go snorkeling! It was great!
I checked the anchor to see if I could find out HOW the heck it was holding. The very tip was in 1 inch of rock material. But otherwise, I have no idea how it held all afternoon! (I wish I had a GoPro underwater camera to show you what I mean.)
The boat has not moved off of the waypoint set hours ago.
Next time through, I’ll pass by this anchorage. I’d certainly not recommend it at all for a refuge from rough weather. But for this night of light airs, (5-8mph) we’ll be fine.
Honestly, I think simply having several hundred pounds of chain and anchor, is all that was needed to hold us… even though it is on top of nothing but rock.
About six hours underway. 32 nm.
Before leaving Manistique, we fueled up and pumped out. We’ll have some statistics soon!
A formation of 3 of these helicopters flew by here today. We suspect Biden, VP Harris, or Obama was being transferred someplace.
I could tell they were not expecting to see a 39 foot vessel anchored in this quiet, remote place as they veered off to the north sharply as soon as they saw us. (I guess they don’t have AIS!)